Global IT Technology Program(ITTP) at KAIST, one of the best received government scholarship programs for next ICT leaders in developing countries, is looking for applicants for 2017 Fall semester.
ITTP Program offers a customized degree courses both in master and doctorate programs for government officials, professors in national universities, researchers or experts in national institutions in IT fields. Selected students will receive scholarships, up to 2 years for master’s students and up to 3 years for doctor’s students, living cost and airfare.
1) Global IT Technology Program Scholarship
- KAIST Global IT Technology Program(ITTP), sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, offers a customized master`s and doctoral degree program for government officials in the IT fields of developing countires. Starting from 2006 with an aim to build global network of IT Leaders around the world, it focuses on transferring advanced technologies and business strategies of Korea to the global IT leaders of the next generation.
- Financial Support(Master`s Degree: up to 2 years/Doctorate: up to 3 years)
*One-way airfare(Economy Class, Max KRW 1,500,000)
*Living cost(KRW 1,500,000 per month)
*National medical insurance
(1,000 Korean won=approximately 0.9 US dollars(as of 2017))
○ Qualifications of Applicants
1) Global IT Technology Program Scholarship: Government officials, employees of public institutions or senior level researchers at national research institutes working in the ICT related fields in developing countries.
* Employees from private institutions cannot apply.
- Educational Background: A bachelor`s or master`s degree in the ICT-related area
- English Proficiency: TOEFL(iBT 83, PBT 560, CBT 220), IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher
* English Proficiency test should have been taken within 2 years from the deadline of the online application
* English Proficiency test can be replaced by English phone interview with ITTP director.
1) Ph.D course
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information and Telecommunication Technology(Engineering/Managem
2) MS course
- Master of Science in Information and Telecommunication Technology(Engineering)
- Master of Arts in Information and Telecommunication Technology(Management)
○ Admission Sechedule
- On-line application: March 28th,2017 – April 18th,2017
- Document submission by post: By April 25th,2017
- Arrival check of submitted documents: April 10th,2017 ~ April 25th,2017
- Application review: May 10th,2017 ~ May 26th,2017
- Admissions notification: 5:00 p.m, June 23th,2017
* The timeline is based on local time in South Korea
○ Please refer to this webpage for more detailed information
1) ITTP Admission: http://ittp.kaist.ac.kr/html/k
2) KAIST Admission: http://admission.kaist.ac.kr/i
○ How to Apply
1) Fill in the online application form at KAIST online application webpage
2) Pay the application fee
3) Send the required documents including ITTP application form to KAIST ITTP office
*Please refer to KAIST application webpage regarding detailed application process
○ Online Application
- Fill out the application form at the KAIST website(http://admission.kaist
*Choose ‘Global Information&Telecommunication Technology Program as a major’
- Make sure to apply before the deadline
1) To avoid on-line traffic
2) To give enough ‘Screening&Checking&Decide’tim
○ Contact Details of Coordinator
Hyesong Jeong (Ms.)
Tel. 82 42 350 6845 / Fax. 82 42 350 6858
○ Postal Address
Hyesong Jeong (Ms.)
Coordinator, Global IT Technology Program(ITTP)
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)
KAIST Munji Campus
193 Munji-ro Yuseong-gu Daejeon, Korea
(Postal Code) 34051
We hope to have many qualified applicants, who will realize their potential with ITTP KAIST.
|채주연 (Mrs. Jooyeon Lisa Chae)
KAIST Global IT Technology Program (ITTP)
193 Munji-ro, Yuseong-gu, Deajeon, Republic of Korea (34051)